Much like your vehicle, your HVAC system requires regular maintenance in order to prevent a major breakdown and a premature replacement. Unfortunately, more than half of the homeowners in Asheboro, North Carolina, refuse to maintain their HVAC system until it’s too late and their bank account is suffering for it.
If you want to avoid the costly penalties of not maintaining your HVAC system, follow these simple steps.
Help Your HVAC System Last Longer With These Simple Tasks
Although it takes a high level of technical proficiency to properly maintain an HVAC system and perform a professional tuneup on it, there are some simple steps every homeowner can take to help ensure its efficient operation.
Easy Tasks for Maintaining Your HVAC System
- Check the air filter monthly and change it as needed.
- Keep the outdoor HVAC unit free from leaves and other impediments.
- Prevent air leaks by weatherstripping around doors and caulking around windows.
- Dislodge debris and make sure condensation flows freely into the drain pan.
Invest in an Air Conditioning Tuneup for Added Protection
Unless you’re a trained professional, the only people who should perform a professional tuneup on your air conditioning system are skilled technicians. Otherwise, you could risk damage to the system or, worse, personal injury.
Benefits of Maintaining Your HVAC System
- Improve operational efficiency, conserve energy and lower monthly utility bills.
- Correct developing issues before they become major problems.
- Ensure your HVAC equipment experiences longer life cycles.
- Maximize your comfort and improve your indoor air quality with professional help.
For additional information about how you can help your HVAC system stay healthy throughout the year in Asheboro, North Carolina, or if you’d like to schedule a professional tuneup, read on to learn about our preventative maintenance plans or contact Charlie’s Heating & Cooling at (336) 346-8719.